Praying for our sweet little guy...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Spoke Too Soon....


I knew I shouldn't have spoke too soon! Remember back a few posts when I mentioned how wonderful it was that Caden slept through the night? Well......things have changed. Oh, sweet sleep, how I miss thee!!! Our sweet little Caden has decided to burst out in crying fits in the night, followed by vomiting, followed by full clothing and diaper changing (possible pajama changing for me). This seems to usually occur in the deep sleep hours of 3:00-4:00a.m. I am just groggy enough to sometimes forget to put a changing pad down on the bed which usually happens to be the time Caden poops everywhere. Oh how things can change. Just when it seems that I have drifted back into a nice sleep I wake up in a panic wondering if I slept through Caden's 5:00a.m. medications. Then I go back to sleep and hear the buzzing of his feeding pump alarming me that I need to pump to give Caden more food. After that, it is usually time to wake up and get the girls ready for school. As you can probably imagine, yes, I am a walking zombie most mornings.


On a good note, Caden was really great today. Very alert and full of lots of adorable smiles. O.K., Caden, I forgive you. The picture I posted was the sweetest moment that I captured. I asked Natalie if she could watch Caden for a minute. When I walked back out to the living room Natalie was reading her book for her homework reading log while holding Caden's pacifier in place. Already a little mommy in the making mastering the art of multi-tasking! The girls are so wonderful with Caden. He just loves them too. It is the best part of all this chaos watching the girls interact with him, and the fact that they are so proud and loving towards him. They open my eyes constantly to what really matters. They show me the meaning or true acceptance and complete unconditional love. This little man entered their life in such a crazy way with so many challenges and they are full of love, protection, and acceptance. It is a real testimony to what family is all about. I am so proud of them.


I just had to add something funny Cara said the other day. Chad was watching Caden while I ran to the store. When I came home I asked Cara if Caden had coughed a lot when I was gone. She replied,"No, he just had a lot of cleft lips." I am still smiling at that one.


I also want to thank a couple of my dear friends who really cheered me up today. Thank you for going out of your way to show your love for us. I really miss you guys and can't wait to catch up soon (in person :).


Mary



3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I love your blog so much and check it constantly. You do such a great job and you're an inspiration. Caden is so precious.
    Love, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is over-rated.....don't you know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    I just giggled a lot at Cara's comment because I could hear her saying it in that sweet little voice! Caden is so beautiful and so lucky to have such a great family. I think about you guys all the time and miss you lots. Give all four babies a kiss for me.

    I love you!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete