Praying for our sweet little guy...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cardio Appointment










Our cardiologist appointment on Wednesday went pretty well. Caden had an echo cardiogram on his heart to check out how everything is looking. I really love his cardiologist, but I think that these doctors from CHOC are very busy and sometimes forget the "ins and outs" of each patient. During Caden's echo the Dr. said he was going to see if his PDA was closing up. I was a little confused because I could clearly recall that we closed that annoying hole in his heart during a surgery at the hospital. I asked,"wasn't that repaired already?" And the doctor looked a little embarrassed and said,"Oh, yeah. That's right. That was repaired." Hmmmm? Well, good thing he doesn't have anything else serious going on with his heart. He does have a little hole called and ASD that looks like it is closing on it's own, and a thickened muscle in his heart, but the Dr. felt that those were not going to be a problem down the road. Caden was cleared for his lip repair surgery from a cardiology standpoint and that was great to hear.

Caden had feeding therapy, too, this week. His Tuesday appointment went like this: Load up the car with all of his crazy equipment-go a little mad trying to find parking-load him and crazy equipment into his stroller-practically run to get to his appointment on time- get into the therapy room and take him out of the stroller-attach electro-nodes on his neck- Caden screams bloody murder for a half an hour- load him back up and drive home in a sweat. I am sure these therapy sessions will pay off, but I think it will take awhile to get some things accomplished. They turned on the electro-nodes for about 5 minutes and then the therapist watched me try to calm my insanely upset baby for the remainder of the appointment that we ended early. I think he may have a little post traumatic stress from being in the hospital. I truly don't blame the guy, but I hope he can calm down in the near future so we can progress with his therapy. Thank goodness my mom came along or I may have been hospitalized for an emotional breakdown.

We are a little nervous for Caden right now because he seems to have come down with a little cold. The girls have had the sniffles lately and I think he unfortunately caught their bug. We are praying that he doesn't get any worse. It is scary because he already coughs so much on the mucus he has trouble swallowing, so it is ten times worse adding a cold to the situation. He was also supposed to have a small surgery on Monday to replace his original g-tube with a new type of tube, but we will probably have to delay this.

I did get a nice reprieve today. My mom and in-laws took turns taking care of Caden while I got to watch Natalie in two traveling All Stars soccer games in Laguna Niguel. It was great to get to enjoy watching her play and spend some time with the little girls. I posted a few pictures from the games. I am sad to see the soccer season end now because it was a nice escape to watch her play.

Heading into another crazy week, but thankful for our life starting to fall into a new pattern of "normal".

Mary
By the way, some people have mentioned that they are having trouble posting a comment, so I changed the comments settings. All you have to do is write your comment and then choose the "anonymous" label under the "comment as" category. Just make sure to include your name in your comment. Thanks! I love hearing from you guys:)

8 comments:

  1. You all are adjusting so well to your new "normal". To me you and Chad have enriched ours lives by watching the love, devotion and constant care you show not only Caden but your beautiful girls. So I truly am in awe of this new "normal" and look forward to seeing it grow. Thank you for always sharing from your heart. As we have always said " you are so beautiful inside and out". Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so beautiful and looks like he's getting bigger and stronger every day! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS SO SOON! I'm so excited to meet Caden and see the girls! I miss you guys a ton.

    Love you,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caden is looking so handsome - his bright eyes are so sweet and soulful. I am so sorry to hear he's under the weather and that it was a week of stressful appointments. I was thinking about my early days with Viv, when we were laden with appointment after appointment. I used to always try to combine some good with the hard - even if it's just getting a big diet coke from the drive-thru on the way home (though frozen yogurt or a fun magazine were favorite "little goods", too)...just a little reminder to take care of you as you take care of Sweet Caden and your lovely girls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful new photos and great news that Caden is cleared for lip surgery from the Cardio standpoint. That is huge!
    It took us a full year to find our "normal"... You are an inspiration!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caden is growing so quickly and he sooooooo adorable! Looking into those beautiful baby blue eyes you can see his beautiful heart all a glow. I was sorry to hear Caden had a cold, oh I know that was stressful for you and Chad.
    The two of you are just wonderful parents so gentle, kind and ever so patient. You are a lesson to all of us!
    Love and kisses to one of my favorite families.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary,
    Your mom shared your blog site with me last night. Wow! You are a busy lady! Mr. Caden is absolutely precious...Kate and I just want to give him kisses!!!!! Your stories and pictures of the girls make us laugh. Cara is such a crack-up. I know you're extremely busy with Caden and the girls, but make sure you make some time for YOU, like a bubble bath! Let me know if you need anything at all. Love, Sharon & Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I just learned about your blog from uncle bob. Its great to see Caden on there and the girls. He's adorable and your family is so beautiful. Caden is soo soo lucky he got you as his mommy :) love you, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,
    Grandpa gave me the link to your blog. The girls are exquisite and Caden is absolutely adorable. Your ability to maintain such a positive attitude through all the challenges is very remarkable. Everyone is so proud of you and Chad for being the great parents and people that you are.
    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete