Praying for our sweet little guy...

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Out of the House







Today we got out of the house for the first time as a family of six. Now it was only across the street to the girls school playground, but it was still an outing nonetheless. We loaded Caden into his stroller with feeding tube, pump, syringe, and headed towards the school. Natalie packed a backpack full of food and drinks as if we were really going on a long journey. It was really cute to see how excited the girls were that we were all going to the park together. Natalie and Chad practiced softball, and the little girls and I went to the playground. It was really nice to do some "normal" things together as a family.






Caden is still having his reflux problems. He is up more and more in the night from discomfort and coughing spells. It is enough to leave this mom and dad pretty exhausted. We are going to see his GI doctor tomorrow (yes I got in!!). Hopefully she can help adjust things to make Caden more comfortable.






Caden otherwise is doing well. He is growing and has a lot of quiet content time during the day. Thanks to my awesome mom I am able to get out here and there. I was able to go see Natalie in her All Stars soccer game and that was really nice. She seemed so happy to have her mommy there. I feel like I have missed out on a lot of the girls activities these past two months. I feel very blessed that my mom feels completely comfortable watching him and I fully trust her. She has really made it possible for me to get some much needed breaks.






We are very thankful for all the prayers and support.






Mary



4 comments:

  1. So happy you had a family outing. Could I pick up Cara one day (while the older girls are at school) so you can have a little break with just Caden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so beautiful! He is so adorable and has some hair on his head which is not an easy task in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary... Kaden is truly gorgeous. This is the first time I'd seen a picture of him since Ivisited you in the NICU at St. Jude. His eyes are so expressive and bright.I hope that you have found a more accessible GI group. Maybe you should stick with St. Johns. Maureen Katz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sending me the link...your blog is great and your family is beautiful!! I find that updating my blog can be really theraputic, while reading others' is inspiring and heart-warming! Hang in there, and I can't wait until our little men and us mommies can get together! Prayers and hugs always being sent your way...Kalissa

    ReplyDelete