Praying for our sweet little guy...

Saturday, January 23, 2010















It was a really nice change not having any appointments this week. I felt the most "normal" I have felt in a long time. We enjoyed some relaxing family time having tea and fires and watching the rain. Next week it is back to the grind of appointments and therapy twice a week...:(. I know it is all in Caden's best interest, but I dread it so much. It is in those times at the doctor or at a therapy session that the reality of what is going on with Caden is abundantly clear. I like living in the bit of denial I get to be in when we are just hanging around the house. I try not to let my mind wander too much and just enjoy the moment.










Caden has become Mr. Smiley lately. It is a sure fire cure for my worries when his face lights up with one of his big grins. His eyes are so full of life and draw you right in. You just can't help but fall in love with this little guy. He goes through so much and yet it hardly seems to phase him. I think his lack of memory comes in handy. Babies have a nice way of forgetting things.










Next week we have a follow-up with our cardiologist. We are hoping that Caden's heart is doing well, and that his blood pressure is better. This appointment will help determine when Caden can have his lip repair surgery. I'll keep you posted~










Mary

3 comments:

  1. Loving that sweet, sweet smile, Caden!

    Mary, you know I empathize with the appointment brigade...I am so glad you had cozy, relaxing days last week. You'll have more of those sweet, cozy days. I promise.

    I'll be thinking of you guys next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Mary! I love Caden's big beautiful eyes. Love, Aunt Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. His smile does just make you melt...what a sweetheart! Wait until he starts to giggle! Always thinking of you guys, Kalissa

    ReplyDelete